ABOUT IMAGO RELATIONSHIP THERAPY – NASHVILLE, TN
Rod Kochtitzky specializes in Imago Relationship Therapy because it works. Couples who attend workshops or participate in private counseling learn relationship-building skills that improve their central relationship - their marriage - and transfer into all areas of life, including work and career, family, friendships and community involvement. Couples strengthen their relationship by making a commitment to:
- The partner - The "real" person with whom they have a love relationship.
- The relationship - The commitment two individuals make to function together as a couple in a relationship of healing and growth.
- The process - The tools couples can use to increase the level of safety in the relationship, which leads to true intimacy.
By using this process, couples learn to:
- Understand why they and their partners initiate relationships.
- Understand how they and their partners function in relationships.
- Recognize the unconscious forces that attracted them to the relationship.
- See their partners with greater compassion.
- Identify the true sources of conflict in the relationship.
- Break through the destructive cycle of relating so they can communicate constructively.
- Focus their energy on maintaining passion and stability rather than on arguing.
- Increase the sense of safety within the relationship.
- Regain passion, fun, companionship, aliveness and hope for a shared future.
- Manage intense negative emotions, such as anger, rage, jealousy and mistrust.
- Recognize negative emotions and conflict as pathways to intimacy, closeness, healing and growth.
Click Here for Orientation to Imago Relationship Therapy
- Will open in Adobe® Acrobat Reader™ -