GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT COUPLES WORKSHOP IN TN
COUPLES WEEKEND WORKSHOPS: I have relocated my practice to Portland Maine and I will begin offering workshops in the Portland area in the fall of 2024.
Getting the Love you Want (GTLYW): A Workshop for Couples
A weekend workshop for married and unmarried couples who want to rediscover the joy and spiritual potential of being together and use this understanding to develop a deeper, richer relationship.
Consider this workshop if you...
- Need a weekend to focus on your marriage away from all distractions, including home, family and work
- Are beginning a relationship you want to last
- Seek a deeper, richer relationship with your spouse or partner
- Have experienced conflict and want to understand the underlying reasons
- Are in a difficult relationship and want to resolve longstanding conflicts
- Have considered separation or divorce, and want to decide if your marriage or relationship can be saved
- Have considered seeing a marriage counselor
A Practical Approach
Getting the Love You Want: A Workshop for Couples is based on the Imago Relationship Therapy approach developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., author of Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples. This practical approach helps married and unmarried couples rediscover the joy and spiritual potential of being together and use this understanding to develop a deeper, richer relationship. Participants learn how people meet and fall in love, what both partners expect from their relationship, the stages of love relationships, why relationships are so delicate, how to create the safety needed to build a lasting relationship, and how unconscious agendas affect conscious behavior. This seminar is designed to help couples establish the foundation for a lasting relationship.
"This was the most practical workshop I've ever attended. I feel we can really use the things we've learned here."
You and Your Partner Will Learn
- Why you were attracted to each other
- Why some of your personal expectations of marriage are not met
- How to identify the true sources of conflict in your relationship
- How to use conflicts as pathways to closeness, healing and growth
- How to create the security and closeness needed to build a lasting marriage
- How to break through illusions and projections to develop a relationship rooted in real love
- How to end destructive cycles and communicate in constructive ways
- How to manage intense negative feelings, such as anger, jealousy and distrust
- How to focus on maintaining love and stability rather than on arguing
- To view your partner with greater compassion and understanding
- To regain the joy, fun and closeness in your relationship
What to Expect
The weekend workshop combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your spouse or partner explore your personal needs and experiences and share them with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained, and no one shares anything during group sessions except by choice.